Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hummus: The Greatest Staple Ever

Before getting IC, I would buy hummus at the store occasionally, and I enjoyed it. After getting IC, I realized how awesome this stuff really is!  There are tons of recipes on the internet with different hummus recipes.  I recommend you go check them out... with a few changes, the different varieties of hummus can keep our taste buds entertained and satiated.

This post contains my favorite basic hummus recipe.  While I like to change things up and add different things now and again, this is my favorite go to.. its quick to make and stores in the fridge just fine for a few weeks. I also love it because I can serve it as an appetizer at a family get-to-gather or a party with friends and everyone enjoys it!

Classic Hummus

2 cups chickpeas/garbanzos (preferably fresh, but canned is okay too)
1-2 Tbl tahini (not pictured!)
1 1/2 Tbl olive oil
1 Tsp garlic
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/4-1/2 tsp salt
3-5 Tbp water (start with 3 and add more water if hummus is too thick)

Put all ingredients into a food processor and mix until creamy!

FYI- tahini is ground sesame seeds. It adds a bitter flavor to hummus. I sometimes include it, and sometimes leave it out all together just depending on how I am feeling. Try including it and leaving it out and decide your preference!

No comments:

Post a Comment