Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blocked


I have a blogging block.  Everything in life feels ridiculously heavy right now.  My IC keeps flaring despite having a solid diet.  Darn stress.  The truth resonating in me is that God is good.  Despite hard times, despite disaster, bombings, abuse, disease, whatever the mountain, He is always near, and He is always good.    

Psalm 63:1-5
“O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
My soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will life up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.”

Blogging feels insignificant.  It feels meaningless and silly.  There are SO many blogs, SO many recipes… I am blind to my purpose here and lost in the seemingly unessential nature of just another blog.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina,
    I'm just a random person on the internet and wanted to comment. I'm an IC sufferer too - 6 years now and worsening every year. I can eat almost nothing anymore, despite Interstim, hydrodistension, pills, etc. Anyway, I wanted to say it's a horrible problem that affects every min of our lives and your blog is not meaningless, nor silly. Today it is meaningful to me. I only found your site today so I'm browsing, but thanks in advance. Hugs, IC sister. :) I hope you see this message, it's been 5 years since you posted this.

    I'm sharing my IC blog down below too:

    http://tiffanycooks.cyberphreak.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the pain is just out of sight, disabling pain, even with being super careful with food. I am glad IC is now recognized as a legit disability.

      Delete