Friday, February 1, 2013

Pesto Grilled Cheese



Pesto is one of my favorite ic-friendly sauces.  I have it on pasta and pizza often, but last night I decided to try it on a grilled cheese.  I'm happy to report that it was delicious.  What is better than gooey melted cheese, a bold punch of pesto, and bread that is soft on the inside and buttery crunchy goodness on the outside? Not much.  The sandwich was enough by itself for my dinner, but the hubs had some canned soup with his.  All-in-all, this is something I will be making again soon!

Recipe makes 2 sandwiches

4 slices white bread 
butter
1/4 cup pesto
3 slices white american cheese
3 slices cheddar cheese
4 Tbl Parmesan cheese 

1. Heat skillet to medium heat
2. Spread butter over one side of bread.  Place butter side down in the pan.  Spread pesto, top with 1/2 of cheeses, spread more pesto, top with another slice of bread, spread top of sandwich with butter.
3. Cook until toasty, flip sandwich and cook until that side is toasty.  
4. Repeat for the other sandwich and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment