Monday, July 22, 2013

Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza

My husband and I eat pizza weekly.  It is a sort of family tradition... My Grams and Gramps eat popcorn, pizza, and watch a movie most every Sunday evening.  I've always found this so charming and special about them- that they weekly took time to have a cheap and fun "date night."  I loved this tradition of theirs, and I always wanted to do something similar to set aside and cherish time with my husband. Our version of the tradition is to set aside a night each week to make a pizza and watch a movie.  My first thought of pizza after getting IC was, "boring." But after some time playing around in the kitchen, I've come to find TONS of IC friendly pizza ideas.

Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza is just what it sounds like: not healthy in the least, but so so yummy!  This is one of my favorite pizzas to make because it gets both of us in the kitchen and having fun.  My husband is the bacon fryer and crumbler, and I take care of the chicken, sauce, and dough.  Last night, I twirled and tossed the pizza dough around kitchen trying to imitate all those cool pizza chefs you see on TV (note: I am sure I didn't come close to resembling them, especially since I was already in my PJ's) while he carefully and precisely cooked the bacon to the perfect crispy-ness.  Give this pizza a try.  You will LOVE it.  Its worth all the time and steps, trust me.


Quick Pizza Dough:
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups bread flour
2 Tbl olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar

Alfredo Sauce:
2 Tbls Butter
1/2 C. Heavy cream
1/2 tsp Garlic (minced)
3/4 C. Parmesan cheese (shredded)
2 Tbl fresh chopped Parsley

Toppings:
1 C. Mozzarella (shredded)
1/4C. parmesan (shredded)
1 cup chopped chicken, cooked (I like to saute mine in butter and garlic!)
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

Dough:  In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.  In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, sugar, and the yeast mixture.  Stir well to combine.  Beat well until a stiff dough has formed.  Cover and let rise until dough is doubled, about 30 minutes.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Turn out dough onto a well floured surface.  Roll out dough into a pizza crust shape.
Sauce: In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter.  Add garlic and cook until golden. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in heavy cream.  While stirring frequently, cook for 5 minutes.  Whisk in cheese, and continue whisking until it is melted and sauce is creamy.  Stir in parsley. 
Pizza: Pour and spread sauce on top of pizza dough, sprinkle cheese, then add the chicken and bacon. 
Bake in preheated oven for about 22 minutes, or until top is golden and amazing looking.  


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I might have to try it very soon. I was planning on having bacon for breakfast and chicken alfredo for dinner, so I have all of the ingredients. :) I say kudos to you for starting this blog. I am surprised at the lack of IC blogs and recipes. I think it is completely ok to share what you have been making even if it is not original. I am just wondering what people are eating - period. And, it is nice to know what has worked for someone. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete